Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for Smoky Mountain Soccer Academy and support youth in your area.
Smoky Mountain Soccer Academy sponsors youth soccer activity with the goal of providing our children an opportunity to develop superior life skills through team play, sportsmanship, competition, and hard work. Our mission is to provide SMSA’s players the opportunity to play soccer at the highest level commensurate with their individual ability, potential, and interest. An emphasis on fair play and respect for all participants is a primary element of our club’s mission.
To better achieve that mission, SMSA has implemented the following Code of Conduct and requires that it be adhered to by players, parents, and coaches at all times. SMSA will ensure all players are made aware of this code and will make it available on the club's website as well as in manuals and handbooks. If a player fails to comply with the standards set forth in this code, disciplinary measures may be taken by SMSA. Compliance with this Code of Conduct is a condition to remain in good standing with SMSA.
A Player must:
1. Play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
2. Play by the laws of soccer and within the spirit of the game.
3. Control my temper. I will not fight, “mouth off” or use foul or abusive language. I will not hit or spit at anyone on the pitch.
4. Respect my opponents.
5. Be a team player.
6. Remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, playing fairly, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are more important.
7. Acknowledge all good play, both by my teammates and by my opponents.
8. Accept the decisions of coaches and referees and show them respect.
9. Notify my coach if there is anything that s/he should know about my health as it pertains to my ability to participate on the pitch.
10. Play hard, to the best of my ability within the laws of soccer.
GAMES & PRACTICES:
1. I agree that practices and games are equally important.
2. Unless my coach instructs otherwise, I will try to arrive at least 10 minutes before practices and 15 minutes before games.
3. Unless my coach instructs otherwise, if I cannot make a game or practice, I will notify my coach at least 24 hours in advance so that arrangements for substitutes can be made.
1. I will show respect for coaches, referees, teammates and opposing players at all times.
2. Infractions that occur during either practice or games will result in the following disciplinary measures:
Smoky Mountain Soccer, LLC
P.O. Box 4096
Sevierville, TN 37864
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Smoky Mountain Soccer Academy?